An addition to the existing house was completed in early 2015. Observatory Solutions designed, ordered and installed the deck mounted walk-in observatory in November 2015.
The observatory consists of the following equipment:
- Technical Innovations 10' diameter Pro-Dome with electric rotation and shutter motors, two wall rings and Digital Dome Works automation system.
- Bisque Paramount MX+ mount with four (4) 20 lb. counterweights and an extension bar.
- Bisque MX+ pier.
- PlaneWave CDK14 (14", 0.36 m) telescope with Hedrick focuser and Delta-T dew prevention system.
- Tele Vue NP101is refractor mounted on top the CDK14.
- SBIG STT-8300C color camera with off-axis guider and SBIG ST-i color camera.
The telescope system is installed and polar aligned and currently setup for visual use. Observatory Solutions will be back onsite in 2016 to setup the camera system.